Frequently Asked Questions
On this page... (hide)
- 1. What is STAR?
- 2. Where can I get more details on the XML Schemas in the STAR Standards?
- 3. When will the new version of the STAR Standards be released?
- 4. Who is a member?
- 5. Why should I join STAR?
- 6. Who is in charge of STAR?
- 7. What does membership cost?
- 8. How can I join?
- 9. Where can I get more information?
- STAR is the IT standards body for the retail automotive industry.
- STAR's mission is to use IT standards as a catalyst in fulfilling the business information needs of dealers and manufacturers while reducing the time and effort previously required to support this activity.
- Collectively, the STAR organization develops industry standards and researches emerging technologies for the benefits of dealers.
- You can find more information in our list of XML Schema FAQs.
- You can find out about our modification process and release schedule on our Release Process page.
- STAR is a non-profit, dues paying organization made up of Manufacturers, Dealers, and Retail System Providers. Click here for a list of the Current STAR Members
- Contribute your voice to an organization that is representing your IT needs. Your company will be able to help shape the standards that future DSP services and applications will be based on. To see a list of membership benefits click here and to read some member testimonials, click here
- STAR is a member run organization in which all member organizations vote on major decisions. Decisions that do not require a membership-wide vote are in the hands of the elected Steering Commitee.
- Membership dues are based on both the size and type of organization joining (determined by how many dealerships they work with). For a chart of dues prices click here
- To join STAR, complete a STAR Membership Application. Return completed applications with payment to the address listed below.
C/O NADA - Christina Weber
8400 Westpark Drive, 9 th Floor MS 13
McLean, VA 22102
Membership payments should be made by check payable to STAR.
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 703-556-8584. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.